Australian Red Cross recently commenced a free service assisting elderly, vulnerable people to have a “Care Alert Smart Dialler” installed in their home.
For eligible customers the full cost of this Personal Alert System ($380) and ongoing professional monitoring ($250 per annum) is covered by the SA Government.
To be eligible for the government rebate you must:
- be aged 75 years or older (65 years or older if you are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent)
- have a Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Pensioner Concession Card
- be a permanent resident of South Australia
- be at high risk of falls
- suffer from a major medical or chronic condition that requires an immediate and urgent response in an emergency
- have sufficient physical and cognitive function to wear and operate the alert system
- be willing to wear the alert system while in your residence and to activate it if necessary
If you are interested in finding out more visit: https://www.carealert.com.au/ or contact your local Australian Red Cross office in Port Pirie and Clare.