The South Australian Government recognises the huge impact that COVID-19 has had on the events sector in South Australia.
The Regional Event Fund is designed to strengthen the state’s regional events calendar and drive economic stimulus across the regions beyond the traditionally peak summer tourism period.
Through the South Australian Tourism Commission, the State Government is committing $1 million to South Australia’s regional events in 2022/23 to strengthen the regional events calendar by encouraging the development of new and innovative regional events, grow existing events, and drive increased visitation and economic stimulus to the regional economy.
The Regional Event Fund aims to:
- Strengthen the regional events calendar
- Drive regional visitation in the immediate term and lead to repeat visitation
- Increase event specific visitor expenditure, particularly from interstate
- Assist in COVID-19 recovery – recognising that events provide a vibrant and positive social environment for communities
- Promote a year-round calendar of regional events
- Encourage sustainable event opportunities to build long term capability
- Increase collaboration and partnerships among regional event stakeholders, government and commercial partners to deliver stronger outcomes for regional events.
Applicants can seek funding from $5,000 to more than $50,000 (excluding GST).
There are four categories in the Regional Event Fund, outlined below.
APPLICATIONS AND ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
The 2022/23 Regional Event Fund will support events held between 1 September 2022 and 30 August 2023. Applications for round one of the Regional Event Fund will close at 5pm on Friday 22 April 2022.
To apply for round one of the Regional Event Fund 2022-23, complete the online application form available here.
Round two of the Regional Event Fund will open in August 2022.
Applications for Significant Event Funding will be accepted year-round. Events seeking Significant Event Funding will be assessed on a case by case basis in line with Events South Australia’s Leisure Event Bid Fund Guidelines.
Round one applications will close on 22 April 2022
Please click on the link below for more information