The Recreational Fishing, Boating and Camping Facilities Fund Grant will rejuvenate South Australian recreational fishing, boating and camping facilities in local government areas or councils.
The $1.7 million grant will fund new or renewed infrastructure projects that directly relate to recreational fishing, boating and camping. Councils can apply for funding from $3,500 up to $200,000 for projects located within South Australia.
Projects or activities completed under this program must be self-sustainable and not reliant on ongoing funding.
Eligibility criteria: To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- be a local government council
- have a current ABN and be registered for GST
- be able to complete projects by 30 April 2023
- have met all the terms and conditions of any previous South Australian grant funding.
For full details about funding and eligibility, refer to the grant guidelines ().
Eligible activities must be for infrastructure directly related to maintaining or building new recreational fishing, boating, marine rescue and camping facilities.
These can include the construction or improvement of:
- boat ramps
- marine rescue facilities
- fishing platforms
- toilet blocks
- fish cleaning stations
- camping facilities
- other infrastructure or facilities directly associated with recreational fishing, boating or camping activities related to recreational fishing.
For more information or to make an application visit: www.pir.sa.gov.au/rec-facilities-fund
Applications close on 29 October 2021 at 12.00 pm.