The Coast Protection Board’s Coastal Participation Grants support volunteer groups to partner with local government to undertake small-scale coastal management initiatives. Grants of up to $10,000 are available. The grant funding will be delivered by the Coast Protection Board with the support of the Department for Environment and Water (DEW). In accordance with the Coast Protection Act 1972, the Board can provide grants of up to 80 per cent of the total cost of approved coastal projects. Applicants must contribute a minimum of 20 per cent of the total project costs, which can include cash or in-kind support.
The objectives of these grants are to:
- Involve communities in coastal management.
- Enhance community skills and knowledge in rehabilitation, restoration and conservation of the coast and marine environment.
- Facilitate partnerships in coast and marine management.
- Encourage environmental protection in the wider community.
- Achieve practical management actions and on-ground works which enhance conservation values and/or tackle the causes of coast and marine degradation.
For further information visit: https://www.environment.sa.gov.au/topics/coasts/grants-and-opportunities/coast-participation-grants
Round 2 2020–21 is now open until 1 February 2021.