Accelerating Commercialisation provides small and medium businesses, entrepreneurs and researchers with access to expert advice and funding to help get a novel product, process or service to market.
You can submit an expression of interest for Commercialisation Guidance at any time. After receiving guidance, you may be eligible to apply for an Accelerating Commercialisation Grant.
What do you get?
- Expert advice and guidance
- Up to $250,000 of matched project funding for Commercialisation Offices and Eligible Partner Entities
- Up to $1 million of matched project funding for all other eligible applicants
Who is this for?
Australian entrepreneurs, researchers, inventors, start-ups, Commercialisation Offices and small and medium enterprises who have a novel product, process or service they want to commercialise.
Accelerating Commercialisation Grant
This grant gives you additional advice and funding to support your eligible commercialisation project.
Successful applicants also receive Portfolio Services for the term of the project. Participants in the Portfolio connect to a range of services that may include:
- guidance from Commercialisation Advisers
- access to an expert network
- access to promotional opportunities through the Accelerating Commercialisation program
What are the eligibility criteria?
To get Commercialisation Guidance you must:
- have a novel product, process or service you want to commercialise
- seek opportunities to trade in different states or territories to your place of business
- not appear on the Workplace Gender Equality Agency list of non-complying organisations
To apply for an Accelerating Commercialisation Grant you must have received Commercialisation Guidance.
Then you must be one of the following:
- a for-profit company registered and operating in Australia
- a Commercialisation Office or Eligible Partner Entity
- an individual, partnership or trustee who agrees to form a for-profit company
You must also:
- be undertaking an eligible project
- own or have access or beneficial use of any intellectual property required for the project
- meet the turnover test
- evidence that you can fund at least 50% of the project costs
- provide enough information to undertake a merit assessment
For further information visit: https://www.business.gov.au/Grants-and-Programs/Accelerating-Commercialisation
- Or call 13 28 46 Monday – Friday, 8am – 8pm